On Saturday, March 28th, in cooperation with Washington Realtors, Governor Inslee agreed to certain modifications to the Stay Home, Stay Healthy Order for the real estate industry. Due to the fact that the vast majority of real estate brokers are abiding by the Order, several of the original restrictions on in-person activities have been revised – provided that strict protocols for social distancing are implemented.
The protocols that must be followed for the permitted in-person activities include:
- In-person activities must be by appointment only
- No more than two people, including the broker, may be at the property at any one time
- Those two persons must strictly follow social distancing guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) by remaining at least six feet apart at all times.
The revisions to the Order are limited to allow the following in-person activities, provided the above protocols are followed:
- Previews and showings of listings by appointment only
- Listing presentations, photography, and creating virtual tours for new listings [Note: professional photographers are not considered “essential,” thus all photos must be taken by the broker or seller]
- Inspections for pending transactions
- Appraisals for pending transactions
- Buyer “walk-throughs” for pending transactions prior to closing
- Providing keys to buyers at closing
The Order strictly prohibits all other real estate brokerage services that are not conducted remotely from the broker’s home. Also, please note that staging and moving services are not considered essential and also remain prohibited by the Order.
Source: NWMLS 3/28/20
Effective midnight on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, real estate brokers in the state of Washington are limited to providing services to their clients remotely from their homes using technology for a minimum of 2 weeks. You may read the document NWMLS created that provides details of how we’re effected. If you’re planning to buy or sell real estate soon, please reach out to me and I’ll be happy to explain what we may do to help you prepare to be ready when the order is lifted.
(you may select/click the picture above
to open and view a large version)
4 bedrooms; 2.5 bathrooms; 2484 square feet
You’ll love this large, private, wooded corner lot. Enjoy entertaining on the spacious partially covered patio & in the fully-fenced yard w/multiple flower beds & gates. Well maintained w/newer roof, windows & serviced furnace/heat pump. Separate living/possible ADU downstairs w/private entrance, sink, range & space for frig. This home also features a tall carport ideal for an RV, as well as accessibility features. Bright w/many windows & skylights. Master w/double closets, deck & laundry shoot.
3 bedrooms; 2.25 bathrooms; 1770 square feet
Live amongst mature trees in desirable Winterwood Estates! You’ll love your large, private lot with plenty of parking. Brand new carpet and gas water heater. Newer windows, deck and interior paint. Very light and bright with many windows, vaulted ceilings and skylights. Large and open living and dining rooms. Large master bedroom with double closets. Lots of storage with extra space in the garage and extra closets. Gas furnace and AC. Enjoy 2 neighborhood parks with play equipment, basketball court and horse arena. A must see!
Almost 500 REALTORS® and Affiliates showed up for the WR Legislative Day event on January 22-23rd in Olympia. The sheer number of REALTORS® who came from all over our state to represent members and property owners is a statement to our Legislators in itself!
REALTORS® met with Legislators throughout the afternoon to discuss Washington REALTOR® priorities, including the following:
- EXPAND LOCAL HOUSING SUPPLY EFFORTS Last session, the Legislature passed HB 1923 that incentivized cities to adopt regulations and plans to increase housing supply and affordability. This bill was part of REALTORS® Unlock the Door housing supply campaign, and now over 50 cities are implementing the law. In 2020, will expand this program by extending the deadlines for local governments, including additional types of housing ordinances, and increase the number of cities that are eligible to participate. A range of aggressive and sustained action on housing supply is needed from addressing homelessness and low-income affordability, to stopping the alarming trend of decreased of homeownership.
- EXTEND MULTI-FAMILY TAX EXEMPTION The state’s Multifamily Tax Exemption (MFTE) has been successful in helping create thousands of new units of privately-owned affordable housing. This program has been central to urban redevelopment and housing supply efforts in both small and large cities. These bills extend the authorization for the MFTE and provide additional flexibility so the use of the MFTE can be tailored to meet the variety of needs at the local level.
- PROTECT REALTORS® INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR & AGENCY LAW PROVISIONS Recently, the Legislature passed bills clarifying independent contractor status for real estate brokers and reaffirmed the state’s real estate agency laws; to include the statutory duties of brokers and dual agency requirements. Despite this, conflicting employment legislation has been proposed that would negatively impact the real estate industry by altering the status of real estate brokers as independent contractors and real estate agency laws. The unique structure of the real estate industry should be acknowledged and protected in future employment legislation.
4 bedrooms + den; 2.5 bathrooms; 2204 square feet
Absolutely Stunning! All of the updates & beautiful custom touches make this home truly one of a kind! Fresh paint & stylish throughout w/ crown molding & new floors. Gorgeous new kitchen w/ 1st class stainless apps & elegant marble floor. Luxurious master bath w/ custom counter, shower & floor. This unforgettable home offers a variety of entertaining options, including a large patio w/ gazebo that stays, a fully fenced large lot & RV parking. It also features a new roof & water heater, and A/C.
Sold 2/28/20 for $385,000
3 bedrooms; 2 bathrooms; 1214 square feet
You’ll love this bright craftsman rambler w/ open floor plan, vaulted ceilings, fresh paint throughout the interior and all new blinds! Enjoy beverages on the covered front porch, BBQs on the back patio & entertaining in the fully-fenced (w/2 gates) level backyard that’s near a green area. Master bedroom features full bath & walk-in closet. You’ll appreciate the gated community w/ playground, basketball, picnic & relaxing area.