RE/MAX, LLC, the #1 name in real estate*, was ranked the leading real estate franchise for the eighth consecutive year in the annual Franchise Times Top 200+® listing. Continued growth and a steady increase in the number of locations also pushed the global franchisor of real estate brokerages into the top 10 franchises included in the survey.
“RE/MAX continues to be the worldwide leader in real estate and the 2016 Franchise Times Top 200+ listing proves just that,” said Chris Pflueger, Vice President, Business Development, Recruiting and Retention at RE/MAX. “Our exceptional growth in sales, strategic expansion into new countries and territories around the globe, and outstanding market share greatly assists us in attracting new franchises as well as the industry’s most talented agents.”
Highlights of this year’s ranking include:
– RE/MAX ranked the #1 real estate franchise
– RE/MAX ranked #8 overall, up from #11 in 2015, #12 in 2014 and #14 in 2013
– Closest competitors were Keller Williams Realty at #22 and Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices at #52
– The growth of RE/MAX sales countered the trend of the 10 largest franchised brands collectively losing system-wide sales for the first time in the history of the Franchise Times Top 200+
– The top 10 overall standings include #1 McDonald’s, #2 7-11, #3 KFC, #4 Burger King, #5 Subway, #6 Ace Hardware, #7 Pizza Hut, #8 RE/MAX, #9 Wendy’s and #10 Marriott Hotels & Resorts
Franchise Times Top 200+ is recognized as the leading franchise ranking list of the 200 largest franchise systems in the U.S. by global sales based on last year’s data. According to the survey, the largest 200 U.S.-based franchise systems posted $596.1 billion in worldwide sales in 2015, up 2.2 percent from the prior year or $12.5 billion. The franchises operated 497,335 units total, a 3.1 percent increase from the year before.
The Franchise Times Top 200+ is the only ranking by system-wide sales and locations of the largest 500 U.S.-based franchise brands. Published in the October issue, the Franchise Times Top 200+ also analyzes 12 industry sectors based on percentage change in sales growth and reports the 10 fastest-growing franchises by four different measures. The rankings and full report are available at franchisetimes.com.
Real estate agents affiliated with RE/MAX recently dominated the esteemed 2016 REAL Trends “America’s Best Real Estate Agents“ ranking. RE/MAX agents accounted for 22 percent of those listed in the industry’s largest agent ranking based on homes sold in 2015. RE/MAX affiliates accounted for 2,691 of the more than 12,000 participating agents in the survey, with nearly one-third more agents named than the next highest ranking brand. Coldwell Banker finished second and Keller Williams came in third.
*Source: MMR Strategy Group study of unaided awareness